3 Things We Can Do to Help
- Pray — Pray for the families affected, those who are assisting in recovery efforts, and for the communities as the recover and heal from the damage caused by the natural disaster.
- Give Directly — Financial resources will be necessary to help all the affected areas recover from the damage. Below is a list of organizations we recommend giving to in order to support the relief effort of natural disasters.
- Organize — As search and rescue efforts give way to recovery, volunteer teams will be needed to travel to affected areas. Consider volunteering of your time and energy to travel to affected areas to serve those who are suffering and have been affected by natural disasters.
First Baptist Church of Tallahassee recommends the following agencies if you are interested in providing assistance to those affected by natural disasters.
- Cooperative Baptist Fellowship Hurricane Harvey Response — www.cbf.net/harvey
- Florida Baptist Disaster Relief — flbaptist.org/give/
- SBC North American Mission Board — missionaries.namb.net/projects/full/hurricane-harvey-response
- Samaritan’s Purse — www.samaritanspurse.org/disaster/hurricane-harvey/
- Southern Baptists of Texas — sbtexas.com/evangelism/disaster-relief/how-to-help
- Texas Baptist Men — texasbaptistmen.org/
- CBF Disaster Relief Volunteer
- North American Mission Board Disaster Relief Volunteer
- Crisis Relief Buckets — Download a list of bucket items to help assist with clean-up.