Together in Lent
The downtown churches invite you to a service of worship and fellowship on Thursdays at noon during Lent beginning March 16. Lunch will follow the service with proceeds from the lunch to benefit Operation ID, operated by the Kearney Center, a 24-hour comprehensive emergency service center that serves the immediate needs of individuals and families that are homeless. Operation ID helps people secure birth certificates and other documents required to obtain a state-issued identification card.
First Baptist hosts March 23; Rick Effinger from St. John’s will be the guest preacher.
List of locations and host location:
- March 16 — St. John’s Episcopal Church
- March 23 — First Baptist Church of Tallahassee
- March 30 — First Presbyterian Church
- April 6 — Trinity United Methodist Church
- March 16 — Wayne Wiatt, Trinity United Methodist Church
- March 23 — Rick Effinger, St. John’s Episcopal Church
- March 30 — John Rice, First Baptist Church of Tallahassee
- April 6 — Brant Copeland, First Presbyterian Church
For more information, contact: Joy Stein