Deacon nominations are due September 19, 2022.
The nominating committee requests the names of men you recommend for this important servant role.
The qualifications for this position are:
Biblical Qualifications(see bylaws)
Acts 6: 3-8 “… of good reputation, full of the Spirit and of wisdom, whom we may put in charge of this task.”
I Timothy 3: 8-13 “…men of dignity, not double-tongued, or addicted to much wine or fond of sordid gain, but holding to the mystery of the faith with a clear conscience. These men must also first be tested; then let them serve as deacons if they are beyond reproach… husbands of only one wife, and good managers of their children and their own households.”
First Baptist Qualifications(see bylaws)
- Support the entire Church program
- Attend every regular service of the church as far as may be practical
- Support with membership in and presence at organizational functions
- Tithe income through the church
- A consistent personal witness to the unsaved, committed to a faithful prayer life
- A member of First Baptist for at least one year
- Attendance at deacons’ meetings and related functions
- Service on church committees
- Visitation of prospects and guests
- Other functions as needed to carry out the mission of the church
2022 Nominating Committee
Jeremy Tidwell, Chairman
Jacob Chilton, Staff Liaison
Please contact us if you have any questions.
All nominations will be considered, but a nomination does not mean selection.
For a list of current deacons click here.
Family members should not nominate one another.