Deacon nominations are due August 13, 2023.
The nominating committee requests the names of men you recommend for this important servant role.
The qualifications for this position are:
Biblical Qualifications(see bylaws)
Acts 6: 3-8 “… of good reputation, full of the Spirit and of wisdom, whom we may put in charge of this task.”
I Timothy 3: 8-13 “…men of dignity, not double-tongued, or addicted to much wine or fond of sordid gain, but holding to the mystery of the faith with a clear conscience. These men must also first be tested; then let them serve as deacons if they are beyond reproach…husbands of only one wife, and good managers of their children and their own households.”
First Baptist Qualifications(see bylaws)
- Support the entire Church program
- Attend every regular service of the church as far as may be practical
- Support with membership in and presence at organizational functions
- Tithe income through the church
- A consistent personal witness to the unsaved, committed to a faithful prayer life
- A member of First Baptist for at least one year
- Attendance at deacons’ meetings and related functions
- Service on church committees
- Visitation of prospects and guests
- Other functions as needed to carry out the mission of the church
2023-2024 Nominating Committee
Alan Langston – Chairman
Please contact us if you have any questions.
All nominations will be considered, but a nomination does not mean selection.
For a list of current deacons click here.
Family members should not nominate one another.