All nominations for new deacons are due August 19, 2018.
In July, the Nominating Committee begins the process of deacon nominations for the upcoming year. The Committee request the names of men you recommend for this important servant role. The qualifications for this position are listed below.
The qualifications for this position are listed below.
Biblical Qualifications(see bylaws)
Acts 6: 3-8 “… reverent, honest report, full of the Holy Ghost, full of wisdom, full of faith…”
I Timothy 3: 8-13 “…not double tongued, not given to much wine, not greedy of filthy lucre, grave, holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience, proved (tested) as to ability, being found blameless (no charge of wrong-doing can be brought against him), the husband of one wife, ruling his own house well…”
First Baptist Qualifications(see bylaws)
- Support the entire Church program
- Attend every regular service of the church as far as may be practical
- Support with membership in and presence at organizational functions
- Tithe income through the church
- A consistent personal witness to the unsaved, committed to a faithful prayer life
- A Member of this church for at least one year
- Attendance at deacons’ meetings and related functions
- Service on church committees
- Visitation of prospects and guests
- Other functions as needed to carry out the mission of the church
Please contact us if you have any questions.
All nominations will be considered, but a nomination does not mean selection.