EVERY CHILD IS A WINNER!
Upward offers basketball leagues for boys and girls, as well as cheerleading, ages 5 years old (Kindergarten) through 8th grade and features equal teams, equal playing time, post-game awards, and much more! In Upward, not only do children learn about Jesus, but all participants have the opportunity to develop their character and self-esteem through healthy competition. Upward basketball or cheerleading is a 2-hour weekly commitment: practices and games are each one hour per week.
For more information contact Tom Grubbs.
Team practices take place on Tuesday or Friday evenings in the Downtown Fitness Gym. Games are on Saturday mornings beginning in January with the final game in late February. We conclude the season with a Tuesday night celebration that includes free pizza, player prizes, and distributing team photos.
- Evaluations: Oct. 1, Oct. 4, Oct. 5, Oct. 19
- Team Practices: begin December 10
- First Game: January 11
- Team/Individual Photos: TBD
- Final Game: February 29
- Awards Celebration: March 3
- Boys and Girls in K5, 1st, 4th–5th grade — Tuesday, October 1, 5:30PM–7:00PM
- Boys and Girls in 2nd–3rd or 6th–8th grade ONLY Friday, October 4, 5:30PM–7:00PM.
- Boys and Girls in K5–8th grade Saturday, October 5, between 9:00AM–12:00PM.
Make Up Evaluation:
Boys and Girls in K5–8th grade Saturday, October 19, between 9:00AM–12:00PM.
Register online at registration.upward.org/UPW69375/