CAMP IN THE CITY RECAP
What a great week with Camp in the City! Camp in the City is a traveling camp put on by the organization Pine Cove, based out of Texas and South Carolina. This was the third year that the camp visited FBCTLH. With a total of 64 children participating each day on inflatables, race cars, water slides, rock walls, and laser tag. In addition to fun activities, the day there was designed to intentionally spend time in the Bible through small groups and large groups. Every day, kids were challenged spiritually. If you asked anyone on church staff about Camp in the City, they would tell you that it was amazing to see the how camp staffers interacted with the children. Who says you can’t have fun and learn about Jesus at the same time?
This year’s theme was “Rain or Shine.” The main takeaway being that no matter what situation we find ourselves in we have the opportunity to follow Jesus and shine as he did! The memory verse came from Matthew 5:16. “In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.” Helping to build upon the theme, each day focused on specific attributes about God and his love for us.
- Day 1 — God created everything, and it was good. He made each one of us in his image.
- Day 2 — God is worthy of our obedience, regardless of our circumstances.
- Day 3 — When we see Jesus for who he is, he shows us the way to shine so that others will glorify God!
- Day 4 — Even when we disappoint Jesus, he gives up his life for us.
- Day 5 — When we see Jesus for who he is we can shine as he did.
- What an amazing way to end the summer by focusing on who God is. As students prepare for the new school year, their memories of Camp in the City will hopefully serve as a reminder for them to be the light at their schools, to their friends, and teachers.
Many seeds were planted. Many seeds were watered. God used this week of camp to make an eternal impact. Thank you for praying for this week and thank you to all who gave of your time, resources, and home to make this week happen.