Yes! First Love is happening in 2020! This year, we have projects already chosen in order to help us serve Tallahassee better in light of Covid-19. Our hope this year is to be able to serve other ministries in our community who have struggled due to the shutdowns. In light of best practices and safety concerns, some ministry opportunities had to be scuttled until next year. Nonetheless, we are persevering in faith and plan to serve the greater Tallahassee community. We have options that will allow you to work from the safety and comfort of your own home, with a group here on the campus of FBCTLH, and opportunities to serve in the community! Be sure to sign up as soon as possible!
This year, First Love will be held on Saturday, October 24. We will not have a gathering on campus but will instead meet at the particular location of service and ministry. Volunteer registration is now open and will be on a first come, first to serve basis. Sign up now to make an impact and serve Tallahassee for the sake of the gospel!
Changes in 2020
- No childcare though your children are encouraged to participate with you in a variety of projects.
- No meals provided. Unfortunately, we will not be able to provide a sack lunch as we have in previous years.
- No pre-service worship rally on the campus. Due to social distancing guidelines, we are asking that you simply meet your team at your respective project locations.
- Some projects can be worked on from the comfort of your own home if you want to be involved but are not comfortable meeting in groups just yet.
- You will notice that there are no construction projects. We tried to get a couple, but the ministries were not comfortable with hosting a group at this time. Instead, we are transitioning our construction projects from a once a year to an on-going, ministry all throughout the year!
- Everything is subject to change!!!
These will be on a first come, first to serve basis. Our prayer is that we are able to add some more projects as people sign up to serve. Please sign up today!